Saturday, July 11, 2009

cartier.time

cartierThis may possibly be the best and most classic watch ever; in fact, I have wanted Cartier's Tank Francaise since the beginning of high school. While in San Juan, P.R., after sophomore year of high school, we went into Cartier and I fitted the watch under pretense that my parents were looking for a graduation present. It was perfect: the weight, the look, the feel. This will be my college graduation present to myself from myself -- I can say goodbye to a kidney if that's what it takes, it's gorgeous.


According to Wikipedia, Cartier is currently the no. 1 seller of luxury jewelery in the world, and the no. 2 seller of luxury watches (after Rolex). The Tank Francaise was created by Louis Cartier in 1917 and inspired by the new Renault tanks which Cartier saw on the Western Front.

No comments:

Post a Comment